Your DD214

Many veterans already have their DD214 in paper form or saved to their computer. If you have your DD214 saved to your computer in PDF form, there is no needto go to eBenefits. Simply upload your DD214 (in PDF form) from your computer to GuideOn.

If you have paper copies of your DD214, you will need to scan and save your DD214 to your computer in PDF form, or you can snap a picture with your smart phone and save it in PDF form with one of the many apps in the Apple or Google store.

If you have already ETSed from the Army and can’t find your DD214, you will need to go to eBenefits to obtain it. Access will require either a CAC or Department of Defense Self-Service (DS*) log in:

  1. EB1
  2. Select Log In or Register, depending on if you’ve created an accountEB2
  3. If you have already set up an account, you will be taken to a Login page; you must first agree to the terms before logging inEB3
  4. Select “Request your OPMF Information” button on right side of screen   EB4
  5. You will be taken to DPRIS – U.S. Government Information System page; select the “Accept” button with your cursorEB5
  6. Enter the email you wish to have your DD214 emailed to, check the Army box, check the DD214 box, and press “Submit” with your cursorEB6
  7. The system will email you once your records are ready for view; it can take up to 3 days for your records to be ready; once the records are ready for review follow steps 1-4 above.
  8. After completing steps 1-4; Select “View your retrieved OMPF Information” button on the right side of the page.
  9. Your records will be located at the bottom of the page and will be viewable/downloadable for 14 days only.
  10. Save your DD214 as a PDF, to a location where they can be easily retrieved.
  11. Finally, upload your DD214 to GuideOn.

*DS log in can be created by using the eBenefits website located in step 1 above.

Your ORB/ERB/SRB/2-1

Why an updated and accurate ORB/ERB/SRB/2-1 is important?

The ORB/ERB/SRB can be considered a military resume. It details all of your accomplishments and achievements while serving in the military. To best prepare for transition out of the military, it is an excellent practice to ensure that your record brief is always up-to-date especially with your schooling, awards, and assignments. 

How do you obtain your ORB/ERB?

How to obtain your ORB/ERB from AKO (Active duty Soldiers only):

  1. Go to Army AKO at
  2. Select “ORB: Officer Record Brief”/ “ERB: Enlisted Record Brief” link under Army Links column on right side of the screen.
  3. Once forwarded to the ORB/ERB page, select the “view/print” button.
  4. Save as a PDF to your desktop, where they can be easily retrieved.
  5. Finished!

How to obtain your ORB/ERB in the Reserves/National Guard:

  1. Contact your Unit Administrator (UA) for assistance in building your 2-1/SRB.
  2. Ensure that you have all documentation required to help the UA build out your completed and accurate 2-1/SRB.

Feel free to contact us for assistance or with any questions in gathering your military documents and records.

-The GuideOn Team